AURORA: La Sunshine Resort in Dinadiawan

September 13, 2017





I've got to be honest guys. This trip happened a year ago already. Meaning, this post is already way past its due but it was one of the most memorable trip I have ever been to. That is why I feel like I have to share this wonderful place. 


I always have this weird past time at work, when I have nothing else to do so I always browse the Philippines in satellite image via google maps then I zoom in all the shorelines looking for a white sand beach with shallow waters and keep note of it (yep, some office mates sometimes laugh at me because they joked that I wanted to be a cartographer hahaha). I discovered in Dinadiawan, an hour north of Baler, is a low-key uncrowded coastline. I did research, and information about that place is so scarce I almost gave up until I found on facebook, La Sunshine Beach Resort. /exciteeeed/

I arranged this trip for me and my boyfriend's 1st anniversary. We wanted to go to a really wonderful place but I can never compromise my friends to miss this one! I can't imagine going there then I'll just have to tell them all about the trip. So I gave them a whole month of reminders then got 'em all packed for this 7 hours trip.

12 MIDNIGHT 

We started our trip from Quezon City at 12 midnight and brought 2 SUVs to accommodate everyone and our stuff. The reason why I was keen to start our trip was to be on the expressway by early dawn and then stay there until mid-dawn then start the trip again by 3am was a matter of precaution, I want to be on the road by Pantabangan-Aurora after 3am just so there will be provincial people by that time along the roads. Just to be safe because there are reported NPAs around that area once in a while. We also opted for the less zigzag road.




Pebbled beach somewhere in Dipaculao. This was taken at 6am it was a rainy morning
7 AM

I have plenty of reminders if you attempt to make this trip:

-The roads along the mountains of Pantabangan are zigzag and Baler-Casiguran road is a series of up and down along mountains (and don't even bother to overtake! Roads are concrete but accident prone trust me)
- Take note of your weak-stomached friends. A lot of non-dizzy tablets like bonamine will help
- It's going to be a 7 hour ride so it's best if you have someone to switch drive
- You'll need a shotgun passenger. Someone who's awake to receive or relay text messages to the other group (if any).
- No gas stations open between 12mn-5am after Cabanatuan City. Best to full tank your cars before the trip
-and no gas stations mean no urinals. So pee already in a stopover.
- Don't stop when someone flags you down

It was the first group trip we had that took that long and it took a whole lot of coordination in doing convoy. But it was a success!

We arrived there at 7am and the vast sea and quiet beach took my weariness away.




Panoramic view of the La Sunshine Beach Resort (Click and zoom in)

One of the best part of this trip is the house. We rented this 2 bedroom house (Big Villa) for Php 5,000! One airconditioned room with a queen size bed, 1 non-aircon with twin size bed, 3 extra mattresses, 2 extra fans and a bathroom it was a bang for the bucks.

Although, I recently asked for the updated rates of the resort:

Big Villa (good for 10-15pax) - Php 6000
Small Villa (good for 5-7 person) -Php 4000

Hotel type rooms (This is very recent since when we went there it was not yet under construction)
2 pax- Php 2000
4 pax- Php 3000

Really homey 2 bedroom house with the perfect view of the beach



I almost happily cried when I saw the wonderful view of the sea at 9am (sorry for the low reso quality! :( )

Haha really wanted to emphasize the sea in the background

Golden Hour!






The Verdict:

The resort- If it's all about being picturesque, it really is. The pictures talk for themselves. The resort owners are very nice, hands-on and very down to earth.

Amenities- The house we rented is very neat, no bugs, no roaches except for the harmless moths at night by the porch. Although there's no kitchen and gas stove. They provided us a grill and a charcoal stove so we made do with that. Good thing I have my masterchef friends handy!

The beach - Sand is close to being fine. If you go into the water you might get surprised because it would seem stony (I think those are crushed corals?) but after a meter, you'll get a firm sandy shore so it's all good hehe

Activities in the area - There's not much really. When we were there we played volleyball with the other guests (who were from mazda philippines if I recall), went to a mini waterfalls nearby and we extended a short part of our trip in Baler, which most of the tourist spots are located. Good side is, you can lounge all day with your friends, bad side if you have the urge for more adventure. I guess if you are a stargazer, this place is great! 


 HOW TO COMMUTE TO LA SUNSHINE BEACH RESORT:

The only bus line that goes farther north of Baler, which is up to Casiguran, is Genesis Transport Bus. Then you'll have to catch a mini bus there. Best for you is to go down in Baler Public Market, look for the D Liner bus station and catch a mini bus there that departs every 7am, 9am, 1pm and 3pm. La Sunshine resort is located before the Dinadiawan town proper and Dinadiawan Agri Beach Resort.


We're not yet complete here, but I always try my best to bring everyone! Para lahat happy :)



Some random note:

While I was typing this blog post I suddenly felt an overwhelming emotion I cannot comprehend. Maybe because I'm reminiscing all the best random travels I had with friends? I have been sharing all these memories with the best people in my life? What am I missing here now? I'm getting old being so sentimental like this /lol/.

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.