My hair free secret! (Every woman's dream)

August 30, 2017


I wanted to blog this so bad ever since I bought this epilator haha! I was actually on field work when I came across Robinsons Appliances' sale in the exhibit area. The first time I saw an epilator was 2 years ago in Ayala Fairview Terraces (I know, I know. Don't judge!). A saleslady made a demo and tried it on my hands and I was in awe because it was pain-free. It was on half price sale then but I didn't have the money so I bid goodbye. After that, I came back to several Watson stores and other beauty stores hoping for it to go on sale again because the Philips brand costs around Php 4,000. /sad. 

And then back to me finding this awesome half price sale, I said to myself I can never let this chance slip off again. So I kissed my debit card and swiped for this baby. Exciteeeeed.

The reason why I wanted this is because I'm living in a fast paced life where I can't go to the waxing salon as often before and if I do, I would only go to my patron branch. I had a bad history with waxing salons in mall branches because they often over-wax my skin which led up to skin burn due to the number of people going in and the long line that pressures them to do things in haste. Once on my face and the second was the worst, half of my right leg. It took me one and half year of not wearing shorts, skirt and dresses. A week has gone by already when I was advised by a friend to report it to the waxing salon I went to, but I felt that they may wave me away because it's been days. Anyway it already happened so I had to do several skin treatments like bleaching and body scrubbing.

When I don't have enough time to go to the waxing salon and I have to wear something sleeveless or short, I use this! 

My Philips epilator when I unboxed it!!

Do you know that the first epilator was manufactured in Israel in 1986 but it was a spring type epilator. This one from Philips is a tweezers type of epilator that has several compact tweezers that rotates and pulls out the hair really fast from the roots. The box contains a cleaning brush, the body of the epilator and the cord you will attach and plug in the electrical socket to bring it into life.

The Verdict:
How was it- As usual, the shorter the hair, the less pain
How to use better- Apply lotion or moisturizer or cream so the rotating tweezers would slide on your skin. I wipe aloe vera (any brand from korean stores) before I use this so it won't slide harshly on my skin and result to skin burn.
It's best to use when- you'll just have to take few hairs in your armpit or legs. But if your hair is already bushy/thick, I still recommend that having it waxed is still better.

Hair Free pack!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.