Shaka Hawaiian Restaurant in Cebu

September 06, 2017

Alohaaaaaaaaa! I bet Moana will be so proud of me now patronizing Hawaiian stuff. Anyhoo, I had the chance to try a hawaiian retsaurant, which is actually a first in my life, and this was during my trip in Cebu City. You know, this city never really failed me, not even once! There are a lot of good places to eat here.

Shaka Hawaiian Restaurant is located in Cebu I.T. Park. I wasn't really drawn to the place at first but my travel buddies were. I had enough of grilled food when we were in the island so my first impression was this restaurant serves mostly grilled seafood. My stomach flipped just by the thought of it. But my ever insistent friend, Simon, told me to give the place a chance. So I did. And they did prove me wrong. They got me hooked to the place! We dined on top of the restaurant that resembles a tree top -- props to the big acacia tree! It gave this fresh and nice windy feeling dining close to nature.

(Left to right); My boyfriend, the server, and my highschool friend, Simon.


There were only three of us but we were terribly famished so we ordered a lot of food. I ordered a tuna poke bowl and a ramen burger (buns are made of ramen noodles) and a pinacolada. /grins/



L-R; Buko Shake, Pinacolada, Tuna Poke Bowl, Sisig, Big Burger Steak, Ramen Burger and Fresh Buko
I love their menu so much! It's refreshing and something I haven't eaten before in this kind of setting. Their drinks sold me to love this place because of the fresh pineapple and coconut shells served to us.



The turban lady in me hiding behind a pinacolada





We definitely had gastronomic pleasure with the foods we ordered. I was so full that I had a hard time standing up. It was definitely an effort to heave up myself. They have this cool umbrella canopies of course I won't resist taking a picture under it. Can't wait for my next trip back there!



What sets it apart:

Ambiance- If you want a quiet and less crowded time to go there, it would be 11:30am
Theme- I loved how the place was very hawaiian. They even had totem poles!
Picturesque- Everything was worth photo-documenting
Menu - A creative fusion of American, Filipino, and Japanese dishes with Hawaiian





No comments:

Powered by Blogger.