BATAAN | Stella Maris Resort in Bagac

January 27, 2018
Bataan through the years has begun to be one of the nearest beach destination from Metro Manila. And if you'll ask me I've been there countless of times! A perfect equation of: Distance + Time (Money) = BUDGET TRAVEL. I would like you all to take note that all the photos I'll be posting mostly here are grainy. I dug up the bottom of my google drive to find all the photos I had of this resort!

Stella Maris is one of the first resort I've been to in Bataan when I was in college. I remember doing our thesis regarding Bataan Nuclear Power Plant which is situated in Bagac, Bataan but we really wanted to insert a little beach time while we were there (T'was the lakwatsera in us lol!).



The place really was very memorable because the first time I've been in Stella Maris, there were no other people at that time besides us. The beach was vast and there are pine trees all around the resort, small kubos a few meters away and the sunset was glorious. It wasn't a fancy beach, but it has a charm that I can't explain.

Here are the photos of my first excursion there circa 2014!








The second time I have been in here, I brought my high school friends and we stayed there for overnight. You can farely see in the pictures below the second time I went to the place. Take note of the following below!

  • The place has accommodations. But not enough for a lot of people. There are small nipa hut, big nipa hut, Big kubo for overnight and 2 rooms good for 10 pax each.
  • They do have communal restrooms! 4 for male and 4 for female. It's spacious but really really simple with just a low style toilet bowl that flushes through a pail-ful of water.
  • The road leading to the place is unpaved so I suggest that you better bring an SUV! Although the first time I went there, we just rode a tricycle but it really was a bumpy ride.
  • The electricity in the place during night is run by a generator.



I love how the place has a lot of pine trees. It makes up most of the shade in the resort. For the second time around, I was able to spend time to discover more parts of the place and in the morning when we woke up, we were offered by "Bangkeros" from the beach for a cave tour in a nearby cove for only Php150/person. It was cheap so we went!








No comments:

Powered by Blogger.